Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bethany's Bio

My name is Bethany Day.  I am a Film Studies major with a minor in English.  My passion for film goes back as far as I can remember, with a movie ticket collection I have had since I was 9 years old to show for it.  I have developed a particular interest in documentary filmmaking and have focused my studies at UNCW around it.  Last year, I served on the editorial board of Film Matters and published my film review on the documentary film, The Horse Boy, directed by Michel Orion Scott.  Most of the documentary was filmed in Mongolia, and the cinematography was just gorgeous.  I can’t help but think about how amazing it would be to travel around the world filming documentaries.  I also have a strong passion for music and would love to film concerts or edit music videos or something!  This semester I am part of the Visions Film Festival and Conference, and so far it has been a great experience that has opened up even more new ideas for pathways after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment